The New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks are battling for the eighth and final seed in the Eastern Conference in order to make the 2014 NBA Playoffs.

The Hawks are 36-43 while New York is 34-45. Atlanta has a two-game lead over the Knicks. The odds say that the Hawks have a 99 percent chance of making the postseason while New York has only a 1 percent chance...

so you're telling me there's a chance

Yes, the Knicks do in fact have a chance. However, they will have to go 3-0 while Atlanta has to go 0-3. The Knicks definitely will have a tougher time trying to go 3-0 than Atlanta going 0-3.

For one, they face playoff teams for the final three regular season games in the Chicago Bulls, Brooklyn Nets and Toronto Raptors. It's going to be very tough.

With the Hawks, they face the Miami Heat next. There's a good chance they lose that and another when they face the Charlotte Bobcats.

So let's say the Knicks go 2-0 and Atlanta goes 0-2. Both teams would be 36-45 then. However, both of them winning their next game would mean that Atlanta wins out that tiebreaker to make the playoffs.

New York faces Toronto for the final game of the season. They just beat them on Friday night, 108-100, with Carmelo Anthony scoring 30 points. They face them for the final game of the regular season on April 16.

So let's say they win that. They make the playoffs, right? Nope, they need the Hawks to lose. And guess who they face for the final game of the season that same day...

milwaukee bucks 2014

Yep, the Milwaukee Bucks. New York is going to need a miracle from Brandon Knight in company to reach the postseason.

But come on, who wouldn't want to see the Knicks in the playoffs? Just seeing JR Smith in there again is just enough for everyone wanting New York to get in. They would just be a more fun team to watch than Atlanta.

Plus, the Knicks would go up against the likes of the Miami Heat or Indiana Pacers in the first round. It's likely they'll put up a better fight against those two squads than the Hawks will.

For me, I'm hoping that 1 percent chance ends up working out the Knicks. I want to see them in the postseason. It's just necessary.

Who would you rather see? Vote in the poll below:

Which team would you rather see in the playoffs?
Poll Maker


Low price, available in multiple styles and colors!